Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy International Day of Peace!


Today, we celebrated the International Day of Peace by sharing what peace means to us. We created a list of symbols that represent peace around the world. The dove  was the most common symbol brought to our talk. The best part of our discussion was remembering that John, the disciple whom Jesus loved, taught us that peace lies with Jesus. In John 14:27, Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." Without a doubt, that is my favorite verse from the Bible. It is a reminder that without Jesus there will be no peace.
Still, we will continue to pray for peace for each and every citizen of the world that they may come to know Jesus as we do.

Share the peace of Christ today!

No comments:

Post a Comment